Friday, February 1, 2013

January in Review


It’s been a bit since I’ve had anything noteworthy to write about.  Although my MacBook’s hard drive going belly up certainly didn’t help any.  Still need to figure how I’m going to get the last couple years worth of photos off of the old hard drive.   I’ll just give a one month update on how the year is going so far.

Running

This month has been all about running.  I only missed one day of running this month.  Amazingly, I ran no races this month.  Volunteering at the Houston Marathon with Team RWB was a great experience despite temperatures in the low 40's and rain. I did manage to log 218 miles.  Longest run was 16 miles, shortest run was 3 miles, and 8 runs over 10 miles.  Good enough for third place in the HTRex 2013 Challenge.  I’ll make up for the lack of racing next month as I prep for my first sub 1:40 half-marathon attempt.  Hope to run the Ghirardelli Chocolate Run 15K and the ConocoPhillips Rodeo Run 10K at a low 7:30ish pace.  I am really looking forward to running the Chocolate Run with my little sister.  With all the racing and tapering for the Woodlands Half my mileage will be quite a bit lower this month.  I’m shooting for 150 or so miles.  I signed up for the TransRockies race (gulp).  Right now I’m in the three day solo run, with an option to do the second three days.  Hopefully, I can find a partner and switch over to the six day team run.  May do the MS150 again this year, but it is the weekend after the 50K which has me a bit nervous.


Vacations

Nothing new to report.  I may have the opportunity to go to Japan around Thanksgiving.  I need to book my plans for my other vacations and be done with it.


Work

Nothing to report here.  I still show up, they still pay me.


Personal Development

Started four separate books but didn’t finish any of them.  Flatland is a really good book, but it’s not light reading despite being super thin.  I have not signed up for salsa lessons yet.  More than likely it will be on the back burner until after the 50K.  We had a surprisingly great improv show at ComedySportz.  My expectations were low, but my team pulled it out and won the match.  Next show will probably be a farewell show (at the White Swan?)  for Joe as he’s moving to LA at the first of March. 


Social

This has probably been the most dramatic change.  With the exception of the Foam Party, which was a blast, I really didn’t go out much.  It's odd to be rooting for not having any dates.  Although to be fair I have been sort of (casually?) dating this woman since the end of October, but that's over now.  I held to my plan and have started doing more things with a core group of new/old friends.  It really has been nice.



Next up Camping/Volunteering at the Rocky Raccoon 100 Mile Trail Run this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment