Friday, January 11, 2013

I've Offically Lost My Mind

I signed up for the TransRockies Run.  Right now I’m signed up for the 3-day solo run with an option to run the remaining 3 days.  There are several things in the works, including using the teammate finder, so I might end up in the 6 day team race still.

I’ve never done a stage race, and I’ve just recently got back into ultra-distances.  I have a bunch of crazy friends but not the run 120 miles over 6 days in the mountains crazy.  Evidently, only I have that special kind of crazy. 

My goals in order of importance are:
  • Live and  have some interesting stories to tell about this race
  • Finish
  • Don’t Finish Last

That’s about it.  I have no expectations as to time or overall placement.  I’m treating this like my first marathon, or ultra-race.  Goal is to finish, nothing more.  Aid station-to-aid station, stage-to-stage.  Next time I’ll set a time goal or other expectations.   I run in Colorado at least once a year, the altitude and the elevation gain always get me.  So I know I’ll be slower than my recent race times. 

Right now I’m nervous as all can be about this race, but excited too.  I can’t fake this like a 10K or half marathon.  Time to get a training plan together and start the hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment