Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Getting Started


A couple friends and I were talking and they mentioned I should blog about some of the craziness that is my new single life.  I'm outgoing, generally up for anything, and have a wide range of interests.  If you didn't do something to make a fool of yourself today, you probably didn't do anything interesting.  Of course, once you start writing things down that's when life is bound to settle down.  We shall see.

Today is as good as any day to start with this.  It also helps that yesterday was my first run in six weeks due to a minor stress fracture in my right foot.   When you go from ultra training to zero running I found you lose your mind a bit.  It really sucked to not make the Hog’s Hunt 50K, but it was the right decision to not push it.  My triumphant return to ultrarunning will have to wait until the Rocky Raccoon 50K in the fall.


5 Things I learned during my time off

  1. I hate the gym, but there is no denying that I need to be making it a habit.
  2. You inevitably have the nicest running weather all year when you can not run.
  3. My diet goes to shit when I’m not working out regularly. 
  4. Yoga has shown me just how inflexible I’ve become.
  5. It’s really hard resisting signing up for races.


Goals for May

  •  Cut out soft drinks.  (Running on 5 hours of sleep, I'll be lucky to make the day)
  • Average 3 weights workouts, yoga sessions, and runs each week. 
  • Get at least one 10 miler in.

No comments:

Post a Comment