Friday, September 28, 2012

Colorado



I've been going to Colorado nearly every year my entire life.  I was born there, most of my extended family lives there, and my parents have a 2 bedroom condo.  This year I wanted to go and relax as I’ve done most of the typical tourist stuff multiple times.  So when my mom asked what I wanted to do on vacation I told her “run a bunch of trails, visit a few microbreweries, and go fishing a couple of days.”

So how’d I do?

Bike

Mom and I rode 16 miles from Vail Pass to Frisco. Mostly downhill and yet I managed to crash at 0 miles an hour by trying to put my foot down on a log, only to have it roll away from me.  Sad to say I got a bruised hand/wrist and lots of road rash from that fall.


Runs

6.5 miles - Mount Falcon Park
4.5 miles - Red Rocks / Morrison Trail
6.5 miles - Bear Creek Trail. Started at Pense Park, ended at Lair O the Bear
6.5 miles - Maxwell Falls
 

Fishing

Wolford - Didn't catch anything, not even a nibble.  the water level was down 20+ feet
Dowdy - We all caught our limit!  Fish fry for dinner!


Breweries


No comments:

Post a Comment